Indulge in the essence of French cuisine with the exquisite flavors of traditional French tapenade olive spread. This savory delight captures the region’s essence, combining anchovies, black olives, garlic, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil to perfection.
Derived from the Provençal word “tapeno” meaning capers, tapenade showcases the tangy allure of these small buds. It expertly blends crushed black olives to create a smooth texture that pairs perfectly with crusty baguettes and more.
Anchovies infuse the tapenade with a delightful umami taste, imparting a subtle saltiness and a hint of the sea. A touch of garlic adds a satisfying kick, while lemon juice brings a refreshing brightness. The extra virgin olive oil binds all the flavors together, offering fruity and peppery undertones.
Beyond its culinary pleasures, tapenade also boasts nutritional benefits. The heart-healthy properties of olives and olive oil, combined with the essential omega-3 fatty acids found in anchovies, make it a delightful and nourishing choice.
Embrace the rich traditions of French cuisine and savor the enticing flavors of tapenade. Enjoy it as a delectable appetizer, a zesty condiment, or a flavorful addition to pasta dishes and salads. Let each spoonful transport you to the sun-kissed shores of the Mediterranean.
Immerse yourself in the vibrant Provencal countryside as tapenade’s savory combination takes your taste buds on a culinary journey. Discover the true taste of France and experience the magic of tapenade.
Beyond its culinary pleasures, this French tapenade olive spread also boasts an array of nutritional benefits. The heart-healthy properties of olives and olive oil, combined with the essential omega-3 fatty acids found in anchovies, make it a delightful and nourishing choice for the discerning palate.
French Tapenade Olive Spread
- 200g black pitted olives
- 2-3 anchovies in olive oil
- 3 thick slices of baked aubergine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper - to taste
- Slice half an aubergine and arrange the slices on a baking tray. Drizzle the slices with a generous amount of olive oil and sprinkle them with a pinch of salt. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C (180°C for fan ovens) for 20 minutes.
- Peel the skin from the aubergines and remove any pits from the olives, if present.
- Combine all the ingredients from the list in a compact blender. Gradually pour in olive oil until a smooth paste is achieved. If your blender doesn't have a small opening, simply add the olive oil along with the other ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Spread this delightful mixture onto your preferred bread slices and savor the deliciousness.