Carrot and coriander soup is a versatile and satisfying dish that combines the natural sweetness of carrots with the aromatic allure of coriander. This beloved British soup is a harmonious fusion of flavors that is sure to please your taste buds.
With its vibrant orange hue, this soup is as visually appealing as it is delicious. Each spoonful offers a delightful balance of earthy sweetness from the carrots and refreshing hints of citrus and herbs from the coriander. This culinary marriage creates a symphony of flavors that will leave you craving more.
Whether you’re savoring a bowl on a chilly winter evening or enjoying a lighter version during the summer months, carrot and coriander soup is a perfect choice for any season. Its comforting nature provides warmth and nourishment on cold days, while its refreshing and aromatic profile offers a rejuvenating experience during warmer times.
What makes this soup even more enticing is its versatility. You can customize it to suit your preferences by adding a touch of spice, a drizzle of cream, or a sprinkle of toasted seeds for added texture. Serve it with crusty bread or a side salad for a complete and satisfying meal.
Not only does carrot and coriander soup offer a delightful taste experience, but it is also packed with nutrients. Carrots provide a good source of beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A in the body. This supports healthy vision and immune function. Coriander is rich in antioxidants and may have digestive and anti-inflammatory benefits.
So, treat yourself to the delicious and nutritious goodness of carrot and coriander soup. Let its vibrant flavors and comforting qualities transport you to a world of culinary delight.
Healthy carrot and coriander soup
- 3 carrots
- 1 potato
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- a few Tbsp oil
- teaspoons ground coriander - (coriander seeds)
- tablespoons fresh coriander
- 1 vegetable stock cube - + 400ml water
- salt, pepper - to taste
- 2 Tbsp cream
- 2-3 Tbsp spring onion
- Peel and slice the carrots, and peel and dice the potato.
- In a pan, heat some oil and add chopped onion, carrots, and potato. Sauté for about 4 minutes until the vegetables soften. Add garlic and sauté for another minute. Then, add ground coriander, salt, and pepper, and sauté for a bit longer.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes. Stir in fresh coriander.
- Blend the soup using a blender or hand blender until smooth.
- Add nutmeg and lemon juice, and stir well. If the soup is too thick, you can add a little water.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Reheat the soup gently without boiling.
- When serving, you can garnish with finely chopped spring onions and drizzle some extra cream for presentation.