Chicken, Prawns, and Vegetable Stir-Fry with Freshly Cooked Noodles
Discover the wonders of Chinese stir-fry cuisine with this delightful Chicken and Prawn Lo Mein dish featuring tender chicken, succulent prawns, and a medley of fresh vegetables. In contrast to Chow Mein, this recipe takes cooked noodles and fries them to perfection. The combination of prawns and chicken is a popular feature in Cantonese cuisine. The Cantonese culinary tradition emphasizes the use of fresh ingredients and delicate flavors, and this delightful mix of prawns and chicken adds a delightful contrast of textures and tastes to the dish.
It’s perfect for quick dinners or when you have friends coming over. You can use any vegetables you have in the fridge to add your own personal touch to the dish. With a hot wok and a few basic ingredients, you can create a flavorful and satisfying Lo Mein that highlights the essence of Cantonese cuisine.
Enhance your dining experience by starting with this comforting bowl of Chicken and Egg Soup, perfectly complementing the flavors of the Chicken and Prawn Lo Mein.
Chicken and Prawn Lo Mein stir fry noodles – 鸡虾捞面 (Ji Xia Lo Mein)
- 200 g fresh egg noodles
- 200 g chicken breast - thinly sliced
- 150 g prawns - peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 small onion - sliced
- 1 small carrot - julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced cabbage
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Chopped spring onions for garnish
- Cook the egg noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add sliced chicken breast to the wok. Stir-fry until cooked through and lightly browned. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- In the same wok, add sliced onion, julienned carrot, and sliced cabbage or any other vegetabkes you have in the fridge. Stir-fry for a few minutes until the vegetables are slightly softened. Add minced garlic and stir-fry for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add the bean sprouts to the wok and stir-fry for another minute.
- Return the cooked chicken and add prawns to the wok. Mix well with the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix together oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper. Pour the sauce mixture over the ingredients in the wok. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes until everything is well coated and heated through.
- Add the cooked egg noodles to the wok. Toss everything together until the noodles are evenly coated with the sauce and heated through.
- Serve the 鸡虾捞面 (Jī xiā lāo miàn) hot, garnished with chopped spring onions.