Embark on a culinary adventure with this unique creamy salmon pasta recipe. It takes a delightful departure from traditional methods by gently cooking succulent salmon fillets in a flavorful sauce, infusing the dish with enticing tastes and aromas.
The star of the show is the salmon itself. Notably, it boasts a vibrant pink hue and rich, buttery flesh. Additionally, you have the option to choose between wild-caught and farmed salmon for this recipe. Wild-caught salmon offers a distinct flavor profile, reflecting its journey through untamed waters. In contrast, farmed salmon provides a milder taste and consistent texture.
To enhance the flavors, the recipe includes a tantalizing sauce. Fragrant ingredients such as onions, parsley, and aromatic spices create a robust base that enriches the overall taste experience. Moreover, the addition of white wine adds depth and complexity to the sauce, harmonizing perfectly with the salmon’s natural richness.
If you’re craving a creamy salmon pasta alternative, rice can be a delightful substitute. Notably, the grains of rice absorb the flavors of the creamy sauce, creating a pleasing harmony with the salmon. Furthermore, rice adds a fluffy and comforting element to the dish, complementing the tender flakes of salmon in this creamy pasta rendition.
Salmon is known for its remarkable nutritional benefits. It stands as an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for brain health and cardiovascular well-being. Additionally, salmon provides high-quality protein and important minerals such as potassium, selenium, and vitamin D, contributing to overall health and vitality.
Salmon also holds historical and cultural significance. Across various societies, it has played a prominent role in culinary heritage. Symbolizing resilience, salmon bravely navigates challenging river currents to return to its birthplace for spawning.
As you savor each bite of this extraordinary dish, you become part of this timeless legacy. You connect with the rich history and cultural significance associated with salmon. The interplay of flavors, textures, and nourishment it provides are all testaments to the wonders of this remarkable fish.
Creamy salmon pasta
- 2 fillets wild salmon - approx 120g each
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup frozen peas or canned
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 tbsp conrstarch or plainflour
- 100 ml white wine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp sweet or hot paprika
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- salt,pepper - season to preference
- Cook the salmon in a small amount of water, around 5 minutes is enough. Drain, separate from the skin, and break into smaller pieces. Reserve a little bit of the cooking water.
- In a deep frying pan, add oil and a teaspoon of butter. Heat and add finely chopped onion and half of the parsley. Fry for about 3 minutes. Stir in cornstarch and fry a little longer.
- Pour in white wine and milk while continuously stirring to obtain a slightly thicker sauce. Add peas, chili flakes, paprika, and pepper, salt, and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese, cream, and dill. Mix well. Add the cooked salmon. If the sauce is too thick, add a little bit of the water where the salmon was cooked.
- Cook pasta of your choice, drain, and return to the pot. Pour the hot sauce over the pasta, add beaten eggs, and mix everything well. Stir for about 1 minute to allow the eggs to "cook" in the hot pasta. Do not put it back on the stove.
- Finally, add the remaining parsley. You can also incorporate extra cream or cream cheese if you want it to be richer or creamier.