Easy and quick breakfast or afternoon snack.
- 1 apple or pear
- 2-3 slices of 1-2 day old bread
- 1 egg
- 50ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp honey
1. Peal fruit, remove the core and slice in 1cm thick clices
2. Put butter and oil in the pan on medium heat, when butter is completely melted add fruit and fry each side couple of minutes. Drain and leave on a side covered.
3. Mix egg with vanilla and milk
4. Dip in each slice in the egg mixture, press lightly with a fork do the bread basorbs liquid but not too much you don’t want it completely soggy. Fry in the same pan where you fried the fruit. 1 minute each side is enough.
5. Place fried bread and fruit on a serving plate. In a small cup mic sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over hot bread, drizzle some honey over bread and fruit.