Adapted from another recipe (sweet version). I really wanted something savoury so i changed and added a few ingredients. These fritters are fluffy, spicy and delicious! You can make this with different types of pumpkin. I used 3 types. Instead of pumpkin you can also try with carrots or potatoes.
1. Cut the pumpkin into pieces or slices. Remove all seeds. Put them on a baking tray and drizzle with some oil. Roast them in the oven at 200 C for 30 minutes.
2. When done, scoop the pumpkin with a spoon and discard the skin. Mash the pumpkin with a fork, or put in a blender.
3. In a large bowl add flour and mix it with baking powder and salt.
4. In a small cup add yeast, sugar and about 6 Tbsp of warm water, mix well and leave it for 5-10 min for yeast to react. Add yeast mixture to the flour, add egg, mix with wooden spoon then start adding warm milk while mixing.
5. Now add pumpkin, coriander, parsley, finely chopped pepper, you can also add some chili peppers, chili powder, or cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt. Mix well. Cover with cling film and leave in warm place for the dough to rise. 30-45 min
6. Heat the oil and deep fry the dough. Take little bit of dough with a tablespoon, and drop in the hot oil forming a small ball. Fry for about 1-2 minutes then turn it and fry the other side.
Serve them with sweet chilly sauce or ketchup
- 1 cup – flour
- 1 tsp – yeast
- 1/2 – 1 Tsp – salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup – warm milk
- 1 cup – mashed pumpkin
- 1/2 pepper
- 2 Tbs – chopped corriander
- 1 Tbs – chopped parsley
- 1/2 Tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper