Refreshing and tasty snack. You can prepare it with your favourite bread. Delicious combination with feta cheese and fresh basil leaves mmmm! perfect quick summer lunch.
1. Take broad beans out of their pod. Boil them in little bit of water for 2 minutes. Drain and pop them out of their outer layer/skin.
2. Add some olive oil to the frying pan and fry chopped garlic for 1-2 minutes. Then add bread slices of your choice and fry for 1-2 min each side
3. In a small bowl mash broad beans, or you can do it in a small mixer, add chopped fresh basil leaves, lemon juice and lemon zest and 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil. Combine well.
4. Spread feta cheese over each slice and add mashed broad beans on top.
5. Add some black pepper and drizzle some extra olive oil!
- 1 cup of broad beans
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- olive oil
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- salt and pepper