Sometimes we have a night in with “bits and pieces” dinner, such as this one with Spanish theme. This is perfect for summer evenings. Don’t forget a good quality Spanish red wine!
1. Grilled or BBQ courgettes:
Slice them , sprinkle some salt, leave for 15 minutes to rest then squeeze out liquid by pressing with hands, spread some olive oil and grill them for 5 min.
2. Patatas bravas – spicy potato:
- 2 potatoes
- olive oil
For the sauce:
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic
- 1.5 Tbs paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Tabasco
- 1 Tsp thyme
- 2 Tbs ketchup
- 3 Tbs mayo
- black pepper
Cut potato in small pieces ( it will cook faster), then boil for about 5-7 minutes. Drain and leave on the side. Tnen add some olive oil to the pan and quickly fry it for a few minutes until gold in colour. Remove from the pan and put in a larger bowl.
Mix all sauce ingredients well and then add to potatoes and stir until all potato pieces are covered with sauce.
3. Mixed marinated meat:
Chicken pieces marinated in tomato and pepper salsa. Beef steak marinated in olive oil, garlic and balsamic vinegar.
4. Homemade gildas: Buy your favorite anchovies, green olives and pickled hot peppers.
5. Padron peppers: Just quickly fry in small amount of olive oil, at the end of frying sprinkle with sea salt.
6. Spanish platter with Serano, Chorizo , Iberico ham and salami and Manchego cheese + black spanish olives.