Risotto Milanese is a simple risotto which can be served with various meat, fish and sauces. I often serve it with this simple mushroom sauce. Perfect for vegetarians. But the best combo is of course with osso buco!
1. In a larger pot, heat oil and fry onion together with rice for about 3 minutes.Add wine and stir, scraping any rice which got stuck to the bottom. As the rice cook and liquid evaporates, slowly add chicken stock, about 150ml at the time. Stir often. Repeat the process until the rice is cooked, and most of the liquid evaporated.
2. Last 10 minutes before the end of cooking add saffron.
3. When rice is cooked remove from the heat and stir in butter and Parmesan cheese and carefully stir trying not toe break the rice.
4. At the end drizzle some olive oil.
1. In a pan heat oil and fry onion and garlic
2. Add sliced mushrooms and stir.
3. Add salt, thyme and parsley, cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Stir in cream, add little bit of milk if too thick. Cook for another minute and remove from the heat. Add freshly ground black pepper.
- 400g Arborio rice
- 2 shallots
- 150ml olive oil
- 30g butter
- 150ml white wine
- 1 l chicken stock
- 2g saffron
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 400g mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic
- 100ml cream
- 1-2 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tbs chopped parsley