1. In a bowl add flour and eggs, whisk it into a smooth mixture, should be completely without lumps.Add coconut milk, salt and vanilla, continue whisking.
2. Now start adding milk, not all at once, just pour little at the time until you get a mixture slightly thinner than normal pancake mixture. At the end add some food colouring (and/or pandan extract).
3. Add little bit of oil into a large shallow pan, and wipe with a paper towel. Add mixture in a very thin layer and fry over the medium heat, 15 seconds i enough, you don't want it to go yellow or dark. Then slowly lift the ends with a silicone spatule and lift the pancake with your fingers and turn it on the other side. This side fry for no more than a few seconds and transfer onto a plate. This side will be the outer side of the pancakes parcels and must stay bright in colour. Pancakes must be very thin.
4. For the filling: in a smaller pot add coconut milk and sugar. Heat until sugar melts then add coconut and salt. Cook over low heat mixing all the time. The mixture has to be very thick, like a paste. leave it to cool a bit.
5. Add 2-3 tsps of the mixture onto a pancake Then fold it as shown on the picture below. You can serve them warm or cold, they are out of this world. Think Bounty chocolate bars but softer and yummy!!!
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1/3 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 Tsp vanilla extract
- pandan extract ( if you can find)
- green food colouring
- 150ml coconut milk
- 100g palm sugar or dark brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of desiccated cocnut