1. Light layer: In a large bowl whip double cream until firm.
2. Mix fromage frais with icing sugar and vanilla extract, you need to have a nice smooth mixture. Add it to the double cream slowly mixing.
3. Dark layer: Melt the chocolate over a pot of boiling water or microwave
4. In a larger bowl beat the egg yolks with sugar until pale and foamy, you will need about 3-4 minutes with a mixer.
5. Mix melted hot chocolate together with the rum and slowly add double cream mixing constantly with a wooden spoon.
6. Beat the egg whites until firm and slowly stir in the chocolate mixture and mix well.
7. Now build the cream, first dark cream then white and finish with the dark.
8. Decorate with whipped cream grated chocolate and strawberries or other berries.
- 4 fresh and organic eggs ( it is important to use fresh and the highest quality eggs as they are used raw in this recipe)
- 75g caster sugar
- 250 dark chocolate
- 4 Tbsp double cream
- 4 Tbsp dark rum
- 300ml double cream
- 150g fromage frais
- 25g icing sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- whipped cream (for decoration)
- strawberries (for decoration)
- grated milk chocolate (for decoration)