I used to be a vegetarian while i was in high school. Sadly it only lasted for 6 months or so. This is something i used to make all the time. You can prepare it with your favorite vegetables. It is so delicious and healthy! For non-vegetarians - serve it as a side dish with meat or fish!
- Peel potatoes and cut into small pieces, cut carrots in half and add both to the salted boiling water, boil for about 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- Defrost and drain the spinach, if using fresh, just rinse it under hot water to “wilt” and then chop
- In the last 5 min of cooking add sliced courgette to boil together with potato and carrot
- Drain and cool vegetables
- In a large bowl add vegetables and mash with a potato masher or a fork
- Add beaten egg, chopped parsley, salt, pepper and mix it until smooth and well combined. Add flour and breadcrumbs, mix well again. Add flour in small amounts, it needs to be smooth and to hold together so you can shape burgers
- Fry in hot oil for 2-3 minutes each side.
- 2 carrots
- 400g fresh or frozen spinach
- 2 potatoes
- 1 courgettes
- 1 egg
- 50g – 70 g flour
- 1 garlic
- 2 tsp of veg stock powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbs breadcrumbs