I tried this combination of fish and meat a few years ago while on holiday in St Ives, i think it was at the Onshore restaurant if i remember correctly. It blew me away, i enjoyed this so much! Very easy to make. Instead of csallops try with prawns, also delicious!
1. Cut black pudding in slices thick about 1cm , then fry each side 2-3 minutes and set aside on a warm plate and cover.
2. Slice banana slightly diagonally so you get a larger piece and quickly fry each side, 1 minute is enough, set aside and sprinkle with some sugar and cover.
3. At the end fry scallops, each side about 3 minutes, add salt and pepper.
4. Now arrange on a serving plate, first black pudding then banana and on the top scallop. drizzle with some lemon juice.
I served them stuffed peppers with cheese, you can serve with various salad or vegetables.
- 6 King scallops
- 1 Large banana
- 6 Slices of black pudding, 2″ diameter, 1/3″ thickness
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 tsp sugar to sprinkle on banana
- Salt & pepper to taste