Healthy, low calorie soup, quick and easy to make. For vegetarian version use different types of vegetables, whatever you have in the fridge. You can also make it with prawns or combination of chicken and prawns. I usually make this soup when i have leftovers of the whole roasted chicken, just strip all the meat off the bones, including wings. You would be surprised how much meat you get! Of course you can make it with fresh meat, just make sure it is cut into very small pieces so it cooks quicker.
1. Cut chicken meat into very small pieces, and chop ginger and spring onions. You can use ginger paste but don't use powdered form.
2. In a medium size pot add oil and fry chicken together with ginger and fry for 2-3 minutes, then add chopped garlic and fry for another minute.
3. Add chicken stock and sweetcorn and leave it to cook for 7-8 minutes.
4. In a small bowl beat the egg together with lemon juice.
5. Now slowly pour into the soup and quickly stir with a fork so you get tiny pieces, egg has to completely disintegrate. Add soya sauce and sesame oil. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
6. Mix cornflour with little bit of water and pour into the soup to thicken it.
8. Stir well and adjust seasoning.
Garnish with some fresh spring onion
- 300g chicken meat, breast or leg, or mixed
- 1 egg
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 3 Tbsp soya sauce
- 1 chicken stock (cube)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 spring onion
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tsp sesame oil
- 500ml water
- 1/3 can of sweetcorn
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- salt,pepper to taste